The Malawian leadership of Blessings Hospital has the following items as priorities we are currently seeking resources to assist with:
- Monthly (either full or partial) support for a Malawian medical professional so that we can keep patient fees as low as possible. Supporting a local nurse is approximately $250 per month.
- Construction of on-campus staff housing. Because of the lack of transportation resources, it is imperative to be able to keep our medical staff nearby for emergency medical needs. Cost: $10,000 per house.
- Improved waste disposal by purchasing an incinerator. Cost $20,000
- Funds for the construction of an improved street sign on the main highway to attract better visibility & inform the community of patient services ($1,000).
- Physical plant improvements (to our facility now 15 years old) such as painting, hot water, & safety fences. (any amount)
- A list of consumables & equipment (such as suture, gloves, etc that are needed, as well as surgical instruments) can be downloaded here.
You can help meet these needs by a one-time gift or an ongoing monthly donation of any amount.